NST Must Correct Misrepresentation

 
 
 
I am shocked with the report of NST today which titled "PKR ready to refer Lim Guan Eng to Pakatan Rakyat".

I deeply regret that NST has maliciously misquoted my statement. Upon reading the news, I called the reporter to seek clarification. Subsequently he admitted over the phone that the line was not written by him and it has been inserted by the editor.

I hereby call on the NST to take immediate action to correct the misrepresentation of PKR's stance on this issue.

In my phone interview, I unequivocally said that YB Dato' Seri Zahrain is wrong to lash out at CM Lim Guan Eng. I stressed that inter-party relations and complaints should be brought up in Leadership Council of Pakatan Rakyat.
I have never said that PKR will refer Zahrin's criticism against Lim Guan Eng into the discussion of Pakatan Rakyat leadership. In fact I maintained that such move is unnecessary and inappropriate.

 
PKR is fully supportive of CM Lim Guan Eng and our relationship with DAP as coalition partner is strong and solid. We understand that the cooperation and unity of Pakatan Rakyat represnts a great threat to the ruling Barisan Nasional. BN has tried various divisive measures to sow suspicion between partners of Pakatan Rakyat.

I would like to reiterate that PKR's commitment to advance the agenda for democratic reforms is unshakeable. To realise this objective, it is essential to continue strengthen good relationship with DAP and PAS.
 
SAIFUDDIN NASUTION ISMAIL
Secretary-General
Parti Keadilan Rakyat

0 comments:

top